CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Good Reads

Some time back my dear friend from middle school and high school, LeNea Kimball Liddle, asked me to join "Good Reads". It's an InterNet thing where you and your friends can list books you have read and rate them. Also you can list books you would like to read and make comments on books others have read. I thought it was a good idea, but I haven't totally figured out how to go through the process easily. It made me think that this would be a good Blog Topic, so that this reading list would be in one place. Since I finished a book today, I decided that I would just start now, with this current book, and add to the list as I have time. The thing with me and reading is that I read for the pleasure, right this minute. By the next day I may have forgotten the title, the author, and I couldn't tell you about it if you paid me. Sometimes I can't even remember if I liked the book or not. The good thing in talking to some of my friends about this terrible problem is that the same thing happens to them. Whew! I feel much better. I guess it's not really important to remember a book or not. You either just enjoy it while you are reading it or you don't. Lately I have tried to remember to put a "sticky" on the inside cover of a book, with my name and the month and year I finished the book. Then I write one sentence, either saying if I liked the book or not, or wrote something that would trigger a little detail from the story line.

The book I finished this morning, ( August 27, 2008) was: My first Nora Roberts, "Waiting for Nick." On a scale of 1-5 I probably would rate it a 3. Gotta love a romance novel though.

"Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson (July 2008). I loved this book about a little girl who had an imaginary friend. It would make a great movie. Rated 5.

I've enjoyed several of Diane Mott Davidson's books with their clever culinary/who done it titles.
"Chopping Spree" (August 2008). Maybe I'm not enjoying her books as much as I did in the beginning though because of the similarities. A 3.

James Patterson's "The Lake House". (June 2008)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I found a Nora Roberts at a yard sale last weekend and bought it...so far it's pretty good, but of course I can't remember the title. Next time you come to the boat you need to bring the imaginary friend one...my library doesn't have it.

LeNea said...

My name in print!! Ahhh, I feel famous!
I just added your books to my long list of "want to reads". I just finished a good one "the art of Mending" by elizabeth berg.
I love your blog and all that dancing!!--you go girl!!! I'm impressed!
LeNea