CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day









(First of all, I'm sorry that Jim and Joe were not around when these pictures were taken.)


It's been Mother's Day all day long, and there is just something different about it when all the kids are gone from the nest. Paul did offer to make breakfast, of course, but I was in the thick of making cinnamon rolls, so didn't take him up on it. That was probably wrong of me, now that I think about it. I remember when the kids were little and would each do part of the meal preparation with breakfast in bed and dinners. They have a great dad who taught them the importance of service on Mother's Day and to respect me always. And now I get to watch them in their motherhood roles. It's been said that I don't know which is more fun...to watch the grand kids or to watch their mothers interact with them.


I'm missing my own mom today and wishing I could call her and have a nice, long visit. I would love to get some advice from her. I would love to brag about my children and grandchildren to her. I would love to reminisce with her. I would love to thank her for all she did for me and what she means to me today.


I hope she already knows what I would say to her.


You know, on Mother's Day you just can't help but think about all the things you have done with your kids over the years, the things they have done and the funny things they have said. You miss those early years. Sometimes you would like to have those days back. And then the precious grandchildren come along. What a blessing to be a mother and a grandmother! Wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Cute mom...what i think is so fun is all the photos in the background! I wish Grandma was here too!!!! I have a gnome at my front door and one in Charlie's room to remember her always!

annieareyouok said...

Mama your post made me cry! I am such a softie. I miss grandma too and I can almost picture how she would snuggle and laugh at Devon and it makes me sad that she isn't here for that, for all of us and for you. We seem to take for granted the people who mean the most to us, but it is nice to have a special day to remind us of the truly special bond. And by the way .... I know Grandma knows ;) Love you.