CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Poem

Once the kids were old enough and had money of their own to buy me gifts for Mother's Day, I told Paul not to buy me anything because "I am not your mother." So, Sunday morning he presented me with a little package, and I was thinking to myself "I am not your mother." I opened the card first and read the poem that he had written all by himself...with nobody helping him:


I know you're not my Mother.

(I'm glad of that, My Dear).

I've watched you be the best Mom yet

year-after-year-after-year.

Now all our kids have departed,

And left us alone in this house.

Even though you're not My Mother

I'm so thankful that you are...

My Spouse.


How sweet is that?!

5 comments:

annieareyouok said...

oh so romantic .... sweet daddy

Aubry Wilkes said...

I LOVE IT!

Kate said...

precious!

Kim said...

So sweet! Cute Uncle Paul.

Nicole said...

Oh you have such a sweet husband! So romantic!