CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Extended General Conference Weekend






On our way to a square dance festival in Laughlin, NV we stopped to spend the night with Nick and Elizabeth in Phoenix. This is their guest bedroom. Don't you love the lime green and hot pink with a splash of orange? And check out the cute, funky drapes. I wouldn't have dared, but Elizabeth can pull it off. The rest of the house is equally as fun and eclectic. Thank you garage sales and IKEA.


The next stop was Riverside, CA. to see Charlie, Katy, & Jim. Don't you just want to squeeze
her? The new Lazy-boy rocker had arrived that day so I was glad to be able to see it "in person", rather than in a photo. It's the hot pink one in the background. A brave color for a nursery, but it looks fabulous! We also got to see the finished kitchen. They painted the oak cabinets black, which made me nervous, but it was smashing...and SO Katy.



I brought a darling book for Charlie entitled "You are My I Love You." It starts out, "I am your
parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; you are my wild." Of course I read it as "I am your grandma; you are my grandchild." As you can see, Charlie is taking in every word. She loves books and she's only seven weeks old. I read a Dr. Seuss book to her before, and it was a l...o...n...g one, but she never lost interest. While we were there Katy spent all her free time helping me learn how to put photos on my blog. She has more patience than anyone I know. So, thanks to her, my blogs should have a little more pizzazz from now on.

We spent one night there before going to the boat. Then the Willards (Parry & Linda) came from Simi Valley to join us in San Diego, but stopped to see Charlie and her parents and the new house on their way.

Love it, love it when the Willards can come to the boat! Parry is the Bishop of his ward so General Conference weekends are about the only times he can get away. We never have to have anything major planned to do...we just love to visit and go to our favorite places to eat. It's a bonus that we have satelite TV and can watch Conference in our pajamas if we want to.

They claimed they were just resting their eyes while watching Conference. What do you think?

Early Sunday evening the Willards headed for home and we headed to Laughlin, NV for a Square Dance Festival. We arrived just in time to be coaxed into dancing the last "tip".

Four couples from our Tucson clubs.
(L-R) Carl & Cheryl, Mona & Ron, Nancy & Paul, Bernie & Dottie

The festival continued for two more days. We never go to the workshops because we think two nights of dancing is enough, plus I am not too crazy about dancing the "boys" position, and they do that a lot at the workshops. Too confusing for me. Anyway, I love square dancing! You might say it's my passion. And we have some wonderful friends because of the twice-a-week dancing.

It's all about the petticoats. This is my favorite one! Any wonder?

"Weave the Ring!" Let the petticoats fly!


Square dancers come in all sizes. This was my "corner". Don't we make a cute pair?


Instead of dancing in the morning, we chose to go on a jet boat to see The London Bridge. It was a fun trip, a bit bumpy, but a better choice than gambling or sitting in the room watching TV. Plus we found a really good place for lunch. It's always about the food, isn't it?

So...how is that for a fun extended weekend?

THANK YOU, KATY! THANK YOU, KATY! THANK YOU, KATY! THANK YOU, KATY!

5 comments:

findingbenjamin said...

I have such cute parents! Love you guys, and can't wait to see you! xo b

Kate said...

OH MY GOSH...said very slow and methodical. Mom you are amazing!!!! That was the best post ever and you did it all by yourself. the photos are fantastic, all of them. I am partial to the 2 of Charlie, they are so cute. and I have read that book to her like 20 times. I am your carrot sticks, you are my licorice. keep it up!

Kim said...

What a fun weekend! Love the photos, they sure do make a difference.

Kate said...

I forgot to say how HIGH-larious the "resting our eyes" photo is. That's my kind of conference weekend. and the photo of you and the giant is fabulous!

big red 26 said...

I'm so proud of you for figuring out how to put pictures up go Mamma! You do crack me up with those outfits you clearly have the best one in that first picture! Love this blog.